This course aims to develop skills in the quantification of various risks and uncertainties that (potentially) impact an opportunity evaluation or project execution. It also provides a bridge between risk management activities and probabilistic valuation.
Target audience: risk managers, project staff, project economists, financial analysts, strategy consultants.
Duration: 10-15 hours including all assignments.
Benefit: 60 days access to course and coaching, teleconferences for special topics and Q&A
There are 9 modules consisting of an introductory video, an interactive lesson, assignments and an end of lesson quiz.
- Definition – what do we mean with risk, different types of risk
- Risk management – overview of risk management concepts and techniques
- Risk modelling – how to untangle a risk in preparation of quantification
- Biases – how to mitigate biases in quantifications
- Historic data analysis – the importance of lookbacks
- Range assessment – using a judgemental process to quantify a range variable
- Italian flag – an evidence based technique to assess a probability
- The analysis of competing hypotheses – assessing the weights of multiple possible outcomes of an event or development
- Facilitation and communication – some good practices for soliciting input
Available now at € 700 (excl VAT). Sign up.
Feedback from participants:
“It is a good mix of videos, narrative and excel – providing tools to work with.”
“I like the detailed description of techniques and processes taught in the course.”
“The examples and test questions are really good.”